26 June 2010

Greener Grass – Are Things Really Better In Baltimore County?

Today I had to run an errand near Towson. Heading up York Road from the Bunker in north east Baltimore, I was incensed by the level of traffic congestion and the snail slow pace of forward progress (traffic that is). By now I should be used to going no where fast, this is after all Baltimore City.

For years, I travelled about almost strictly by bicycle. These days due to work and business obligations, not to mention security considerations, such travel is almost impossible for me.

As I bounced about the bone jarring, teeth rattling, rutted out, pot-hole strewn thoroughfare, so typical for what passes as a main road in Baltimore, I couldn’t help but think; it’s gotta be better than this, somewhere, somehow.

Soon I realized part of the problem. Funerals. Not one, but two funerals, less than a mile apart, on the same road. That’s enough to jam up any travel.

I couldn’t help but think of the further irony. With the level of killing that is commonplace in this city, combined with all the natural and accidental deaths; Baltimore is constantly burying it's dead. It's just part of the rhythm that is life in charm city. A place where R.I.P. t-shirts are a common fashion statement, not to mention a cottage industry. A place where street side memorials are often the only place where flowers are seen in a neighborhood.

After feeling the muscles in my neck begin to tense so tight, I thought they’d snap like a rubber band pulled beyond it’s limit; suddenly I realized there was no more traffic congestion. No more riding the brakes, no more being nervous I might hit someone as pedestrian after pedestrian just dart out in front the car playing chicken. The road under my wheels felt remarkably smooth, I thought I was floating on air.

Was I delirious, dreaming, drunk or high? No, I’d just crossed over into Baltimore County.


Follow me on Twitter

On FaceBook

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.F. James MacArthur has never resided in Baltimore County.

BALTIMORE SPECTATOR RADIO NETWORK - BSRN

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MEDIA

Our Growing Video Collection

MESSAGE TO ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT/INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES

To all those who willfully, deliberately and routinely violate the civil rights of law abiding American Citizens; Yes, you're powerful. Sure, you're everywhere. But this is still America, and the Constitution of the United States Of America still reigns supreme as the law of the land. The Baltimore Spectator will vigorously and aggressively defend against any and all attempts at spying and suppression. Let it be known to all that we are already aware of the regular monitoring and shadowing attempts. There is nothing to hide, but cross the line and there will be hell to pay.

In the end, efforts to impinge upon the freedoms of the people will ultimately fail. Some of us may get taken out in the ongoing battle for true and lasting freedom, but as I've said many times before, and will say till the day I die or get taken out by you goons, THERE ARE MORE OF US, THAN THERE ARE OF YOU.


A.F. James MacArthur -- American patriot & lover of liberty.

Fair Use Copyright Notice

--DISCLAIMER-- Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purpose such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statue that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.